Friday 6 March 2009

Inclusive, innovative learning

I had a fascinating and absorbing day today at Sheffield Hallam University in the Faculty of Wellbeing - in the Robert Winston Building. (It used to be the YMCA on Broomhall Road, which I have fond memories of after a Tensing weekend there in 1991)

I was there to discuss amongst other things the issue of reasonable adjustments for health students. The meeting was incredibly useful, absorbing and worthwhile. We all agreed that so much more would get done in life if we could just take some time to discuss ideas with each other, particularly difficult concepts like - when is reasonable unreasonable?

However I wanted to draw attention to how impressed I was with the facilities for learning there. The link above shows Professor Winston demonstrating some of the state of the art simulation tools they have. It was a breath of fresh air to be back in a learning environment like Sheffield Hallam. I felt rather jealous that I was going to have to go back to my desk in London on Monday. I'd rather be in a innovative and inclusive learning environment!

No comments:

Post a Comment